Sunday, October 24, 2010

THE SEVEN DAYS OF JOSH MURRAY IN KYTHIRA DAY 7 ''AGAIN IN MYLOPOTAMOS'' DEAR JOSH NEXT TIME I WILL BE HAPPY TO MEAT YOU IN ..AVLAIMON...

''Traveling solo in the off-season to destinations where life literally shuts down, or remotely in any foreign country for that matter, is a challenge. I’m good with my own company – some say perhaps a little to good, but when you find yourself in a remote little village on a Greek Island speaking only a few greetings and menu choices, not the most intelligent of conversational tools, it requires a certain amount of ‘I like me’ factor to stick it out..''
''This week of Greek Island time has been enlightening, delightening and reconnecting. As a rule I don’t tend to re-visit places already experienced opting mostly to seek out the new. Sometimes though it’s not only about driving Route 66, hiking the Himilayas or swinging with the Gibbons in Laos. An experience can be more connected, more local and more real the more time we choose to dedicate to its discovery..''

No comments:

Post a Comment