Thursday, September 14, 2017

The Little Book of Lykke: The Danish Search for the World’s Happiest People by Meik Wiking – digested read

''Hi everyone! It’s Happy Meik here. Remember me? I’m the bloke who wrote last year’s surprise bestseller about how everyone should try and be a bit more Hygge. Well now I’m back with a book about Lykke. Lykke means Happiness but my important work as chief executive of the International Happiness Research Centre in Copenhagen (total number of employees: one) has shown that people feel much happier if they call happiness Lykke rather than Happiness.
People often ask me when I was at my most Lykke. That is a difficult question as I tend to be Lykke all the time. Especially now that I am beginning to make a lot of money out of being Lykke. But I really think I could have been most Lykke when I found a stale bit of pizza in the fridge after a day out skiing with friends. When I found the pizza I said to everyone, “I really think I’ve found the meaning of happiness. This is so Hygge it is Lykke.” And they replied, “Oh do shut the fuck up Meik.” So sweet..
read more.. 
Υ.Γ. 1  Lykke= Scandinavian name derived from the Danish word lykke meaning "happiness, good fortune." 
Υ.Γ. 2
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34879265-the-little-book-of-lykke AUDIO..

No comments:

Post a Comment